About Our PTO
Welcome to the 2016-2017 school year at Highland Elementary School! We are looking forward to a great year! Please remember parental involvement is crucial to a successful school. There are so many ways you can become involved.
Highland Elementary PTO is about men and women working together to achieve a common goal. That goal is creating a better school and a better educational experience for our children. We strive to create an atmosphere where administrators and teachers can do their best work – and so can our children! We have a very active and involved PTO.
Here are just a few of the things we're currently doing to enhance our school and support our teachers, staff and students:
* We host Teacher Appreciation lunches and activities through the school year.
* We organize two major fundraisers.
* We sponsor Spirit Cart monthly so that students may shop for Titan merchandise, snacks and school supplies.
* We give each teacher $50 at the beginning of the school year and $50 in January to use for classroom supplies.
* We sponsor a Veterans Day reception each year.
* We maintain the school's marquee.
* We handle publicity, which includes a writing and distributing a monthly newsletter, managing our PTO Facebook page (www.facebook.com/HighlandElementarySchoolPTO), writing and distributing press releases, and submitting photos to local newspapers.
* We fund additional educational opportunities such as Science Fun Day.
* We encourage our community and local businesses to partner with Highland, supporting our school both monetarily and through in-kind donations.
* We assist with landscaping and flower-bed maintenance.
* We host a reception for visiting second-graders, as well as an open house for parents.
Additionally, over the years, our PTO has:
* Purchased the installation of all projector systems in each classroom and purchased additional projectors where needed.
* Built a premier Greek amphitheater-style outdoor classroom
* Worked with teachers to secure grants for our walking trail and Project Fit equipment
* Purchased playground equipment