The NMMS library is fully automated using Destiny, a web based circulation program that includes an electronic card catalog for the students. The library uses Accelerated Reader and STAR which are connected to the classrooms online through Renaissance Place.
Welcome to NMMS Library
It is the mission of the Northeast Madison Middle School Library Media Center to partner with our district to:
- provide a welcome environment that is conducive to learning and that promotes the intellectual and personal growth of students.
- provide a quality education for every child and to encourage lifelong literacy and learning through reading.
- help students become effective users of information and ideas, and become lifelong readers and learners.
- make available a collection of quality literature that engages the reader thus fostering a love of reading for its own sake.
- endeavor to provide an information rich environment in which both students and staff learn to access, evaluate and utilize a variety of information in print and electronic formats, and to
- support the school's curriculum and assist members of the learning community in becoming effective users of information by providing a comprehensive program that includes access to information that is appropriate for student development and that is diverse in format and interest.
Click on Resources on the left to access additional library resources
“The worth of a book is to be measured by what you can carry away from it.” – James Bryce