Theme: Earthworms; Benefits of organisms to the environment; Vertebrate/invertebrate
Shared Reading: Diary of a Worm
Vocabulary: swallow – to move something into the stomach through the mouth and throat
tunnel – a long underground passage
entire – having everything; all
talent – a natural ability to do a certain thing
dangerous – harmful; unsafe
track – to follow prints of an animal
Spelling words: cereal, cent, catch, coffee, giraffe, gym, gorilla, gazelle, goes, enough, through, threw
Reading: Author’s purpose
Phonics: Hard and soft g and c
Math: Equivalent Fractions; Comparing Fractions
Review spelling and vocabulary words daily. Study math addition facts.
Monday – None due to “Around the World Day”
Tuesday –Math sheet; P.E. tomorrow **Return signed papers**
Wednesday –Vocabulary test tomorrow
Thursday – Math sheet; Spelling test tomorrow; Library tomorrow
Special notes and reminders:
· “Around the World Day” is Monday, March 2. We look forward to having a fun-filled, educational day! Please remember to send any items you signed up to bring.
· SEND A SACK LUNCH AND A DRINK TO SCHOOL WITH YOUR CHILD ON MONDAY, MARCH 2.
· Spring Pictures are Wednesday, March 4th.
· Some of the children have misplaced their scissors, crayons, glue, etc. Please talk to your child to determine if they need either of these things.
· NO SCHOOL next week, March 9-13! Enjoy spring break! Come back refreshed and ready to learn! J