Mrs. Holland's Hoomroom
Welcome to 5th grade!!! I am so excited about this school year and about meeting my new students! A little about me… I grew up in RolIing Fork, Ms a little town in the Delta. I graduated from Delta State University in December of 2005 and began teaching that following Janurary. I taught 2nd and 3rd grade before leaving the Delta and moving to the Madison area. This is my 6th year here at Madison Crossing and my 7th year of teaching. My husband, Bryan and I, got married in December of 2007 and were recently blessed in March with our beautiful baby girl, Landry.
We are going to have a fantastic time in 5th grade! I truly love my job and all of my students, and feel so blessed to teach your precious child. Thank you so much for your support. Please email or call me with any questions or concerns. I am here to help.
Let’s work together to make this the best year ever!
Fifth Grade Happenings at Madison Crossing
August 27-31, 2012
NOTEWORTHY NEWS & UPCOMING EVENTS
- Monday, September 3rd is Labor Day. There will be no school.
- Fundraiser information has come home with your child.
- Friday, September 7th is Fun Friday!
- We will be sending home a copy of chapters 9 & 11 of The Hunger Games this week for students to read. This must be read in order for the student to contribute in class the following day.
Teachers’ e-mail addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Life Science: Digestive & Respiratory
Unit 1: Review
Language and Spelling
Literature Circles: Gathering Blue (Chs. 7-10)
Book Clubs: The Hunger Games (Chs. 8-12)
**Students should be reading independently each night
PARENTS, IF YOU COULD SEND IN ANY OF THESE ITEMS, WE WOULD
GREATLY APPRECIATE IT.
1. Gift cards for extra school supplies (School Aids, Wal-Mart, Office Depot)
2. Recess equipment
3. Art Canvases and Acrylic paint
Tests & Quizzes
Math Unit 1 Test