Theme: Amazing Animals
Spelling Words: with his they I had mad made kit kite dad
Math Skills: Domino Addition/Turn-Around Facts/Addition Strategies/
+ 4’s and + 5’s facts (Test Friday)
Language/Phonics Skills: Review Short/Long Vowels with magic e/Common and Proper Nouns/-ad chunk (had, adding, Madison, etc.)
Homework: Study the spelling words every night. If your child comes home with a book, please return your Book-in-a-Bag the next day. Study the addition facts every night.
Homework: Comprehension page; Place Value & Addition Facts Review
· We are excited about our new unit “Amazing Animals”! We have many exciting activities planned. To prepare for these, please save and send any large shoe boxes (the bigger, the better), toilet paper and paper towel rolls you may have.
· Mark your calendar for our special animal day on Friday, Oct.18th. More information will come home closer to time.
· “Fun Thursday” will be this Thursday.
· The Maverick Round-Up Community-wide pep-rally and parade celebrating GHS Homecoming will be this Thursday at 5:00 at GHS.
· GHS Homecoming Game is Friday night at 7:00.
*Please practice the addition facts we are learning with your child at home. These facts MUST be fluent (able to recall in a snap or quickly). This is a skill that will be assessed on the first report card. We will assess all addition facts with sums (answers) to 10.