Spelling Words: into time has look best
chest over under flagpole birthday
· Number sense-Comparing numbers using manipulatives and the number grid
· Introduce Bossy “R” (r-controlled vowels) Ex: over, park, doctor
· Introduce Main Idea
· Review Plurals (s, es, ies)
· word chunk –est Ex: best, rest, guest
Homework: Study the spelling words every night. Please read and return your child’s Book-in-a-Bag each day.
Math- Comparing numbers
· No school on Monday, January 19th, MLK holiday.
· We will be celebrating our 100th day of school on Friday, January 16th. Your child will be able to dress up as an elderly person to represent how he or she would look if they were 100 years old.
· Be looking for a note that will be sent home tomorrow about our 100th day Collection project.